You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Legend: Legacy of the Dragons Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Thursday, March 3rd 2011, 7:11am

Server maintenance

04:55 ATTENTION! The game will be inaccessible between 05:00 and 05:15 due to server maintenance. All fights will be terminated! The server will be switched off in 5 minutes!

This is a very clear and reassuring message that is repeated quite often leading up to server maintenance. It makes it clear that when and about how long the game will go down. It informs everyone that "all fights will be terminated!": Thats great no worries about getting killed cause you get dropped from the server RIGHT.... well WRONG.

Little did i know that terminated according to the game means I WILL BE KILLED!!!!!

WOOoo hold on a second where did that come from... This seems extremely unfair and I feel trick. Good old bait and switch....

I feel like the game spent 30 minuetes telling me dont worry everything will be okay the game will just be shutting down for a few moments... all is good keep playing dont worry "ALL FIGHTS WILL BE TERMINATED" when the server shuts down... no worries keep playing....

So there i was playing close to end of a battle when bam the server is closed... Fine no problems I eas expecting it to happen and wasnt worried... no big deal wasted a pot or two and lost out on a drop no big deal RIGHT>..... WRONG..... not only did i wastedpots and lose out on a drop I in fact lost the battle and was killed... Not only that in the process of losing the wonderful game decided to destroy one of my items....

Now that just seems wrong and unfair.

I am asking that my item be return to me (ephemeral belt) and that what happens during server shut downs be explained clearly to players so other players can avoid having to experience the same thing...

thanks for your time
Grover

Thursday, March 3rd 2011, 10:02am

When the server is shut down everyone gets logged out of the game. What happens is the same as when you log out yourself. We'll check if the message is sufficient.